Friday, June 12, 2015

How does this help me?

 
 
It is very obvious that there are many different types of learners. This article at About.com gives a quick overview of the basic styles of learning. Can't quite figure out what type you are? Try this quiz to see!

I am personally a mix of auditory, kinesthetic and visual. I work best when I can see, hear, and practice what I am trying to learn. I believe this is in part one of the most valid reasons why educators should strive to integrate technology into literacy: because they will reach all different types of learners more easily. 

The child who cannot sit still for a lecture on rhyming words may learn them quickly while playing a rhyming game on a tablet. Another child may need to practice sorting words into families using a powerpoint page. 

By integrating technology and using it to differentiate our planning and teaching, we can be sure to reach many more students in ways they can use their information.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment